All Applicants must be 18 years or older.
Animal Adventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is always accepting Volunteer Applications and hires Paid Staff on an as needed basis throughout the year. Animal Adventures is committed to providing exceptional customer service whether at our main facility or off site at an event or other venue. Applicants should be flexible, energetic, motivated and enjoy working with the public to join the Animal Adventures Team .
All applicants who are considered will be given an interview. If an Applicant is brought onboard, He or She will be brought on as a Volunteer regardless if seeking a Paid Staff Position or not. Animal Adventures unfortunately at this time does not pay applicants for training due to the nature of the business and the understanding that working with animals and the public as Animal Adventures does is not always fit for everyone. If a Paid Staff Position is what you desire, it will be up to you during your time (roughly +/-45 days) as a Volunteer to show us you are ready. Evaluations will be held throughout your time here at the facility so you can know your progress as well.
Want to join the Adventure?
To uphold a clean and professional environment the following maintenance should be performed as needed throughout the day:
- Sweeping and mopping of floors.
- Dusting of ledges, walls, and windowsills for bedding, dust, and cobwebs.
- Cleaning of glass surfaces with cleaner or vinegar where appropriate.
- Regular checking of the restroom for paper products, soap, and cleanliness.
- Anything else above and beyond regular cleaning lists as needed.
The cleaning of each enclosure will include at minimum everyday:
- A visual inspection of the enclosure.
- A visual inspection of the animal.
- Removal of waste (droppings, soiled bedding, old food, etc...)
- Fresh food and clean water.