Counselor In Training (CIT) Program
Animal Adventures CIT program is a volunteer position that allows teens between the ages of 12 and 16 the opportunity to work with animals, and help out with Animal Adventures summer camp. Teens will learn fun facts about the animals and be shown how to: clean cages, handle and feed animals, and assist with summer camp.
- CITs MUST have previously attended a full Animal Adventures week camp.
- CITs will be expected to help camp leaders with crafts, free hold opportunities, games, and any other camp activities.
- CITs must be dropped off at Animal Adventures at 8:45am and be picked up at 12:15pm.
Applicants who are chosen for the program will have a mandatory meeting at 8:30am on the first day of the camp week scheduled to volunteer. During this time you will learn how to clean cages, handle animals (such as small mammals and reptiles), and will be taught camp rules and procedures.
Only a few CITs will be needed each week. Applicants who are chosen will be assigned a week that works best for both Animal Adventures and CIT.
To be reviewed for Animal Adventures CIT program you must:1) Fill out the application
3) Send in your application to:
336 Sugar Rd.
Bolton, MA 01740
4) Please have a reference letter sent as well (from a non-family member; for example, family friend, teacher, pastor).
All applications will be reviewed; a phone call will be made to those who are chosen for the program. We will keep all applications on file (for one year) in case of last minute openings.